Thread: Coughing Asthma
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 02:07 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi, Donna,

I am concerned after reading yours and Christina's posts about drs who don't get it. Actually it is rather frightening.

Quote:
I also have seen a pulmonary doctor, but he treated me like I was a idiot and then also through his nurse scheduled test, but they came out normal and he then didn't want me to come back for the answers or to get more answers.
So I did go back, but he acted like I was crazy to go back. So I just don't feel good going back to him.
Yes, you need a new doctor and soon.

Quote:
But my asthma/allergy doctor says I need to go back to the pulmonary doctor, and I refuse to see the one I have seen, and I don't know if the partners will see me, but I'm going to find out.
Oh dear. Please see someone other than that guy. He doesn't know what else to do for you -- and I'm not sure that he is motivated anyway.
Can you find someone outside that partnership?

Quote:
And I just wondered what I need to ask that I didn't ask before.
I don't have a nebulizer, but I have a spacer.
Ask for a nebulizer.

Your post is sad. We are not supposed to have to figure how to fix things. We find the drs, go to the drs, explain things to them, and they fix us.

Do you have a take out restaurant that makes chicken soup? I used to have one but they closed. I miss them.

Write down your history and symptoms on one page and bring two copies to the appointment -- one for you and one for the pdoc.

You will get a dr who understands and can offer help. Keep looking.

Mari