View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 09:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Our weekend.... Atonic Seizures

I want to be sick... I don't know how much more Riley can take, my mommy heart is breaking and this morning I got more bad news from a dear friend.

Saturday morning Victoria had a band competition about 3 hours away, I was afriad to take Riley that far up into the mountains so the younger kids and I went to Raleigh to the museums. I notices All day that Riley was falling quite a bit and didn't seem to be tripping. When we got home she fell, just dropped to the ground.

I picked her up and noticed that her pull up was wet. I had changed her twice at the meuseum but didn't think anything about it because she still has a fear of public toilets. But we were at home and there is no issue with going at the house, she will go, she is only in the pull up b/c she does dribble a little at times and gets irritated.

I started to get suspicious of seizures so I watched her like a hawk. She fell several more times at home, she is awake/aware as soon as she hits the ground it seems. She is groggy, but not sleeping after, her eyes have the post seizurey look to them.

Home health came out Sunday morning to check her level but the nurse couldn't get a vein, she tried four times and said no more. We followed her to the ER and they got it.

She must have "fallen" at least 15 times from the time she got up until about 10:30 when she had the last one. I was sitting in my room, she had gone to the bathroom and all the sudden I heard her hit the floor. A second after the thud she started crying.

I called Dr.P first thing this morning and am waiting on Leigh to call me back. They should have her levels today too.

I have considered acidosis as a cause. The only thing that makes that not makes sense is that the problems really started when we began to decrease her Topamax, and add Keppra.

She has been on Keppra before and we didn't see seizure increase so I ind it hard to imagine the Keppra causing it either... I don't know...

I remember thinking that the partials she was having one to three or four times a day were unacceptable... I would gladly take that back over this....
Sarah (14) Aspergers Syndrome
Victoria (16) Above Average Teenage sister
Jade (11) my niece, but now also my baby
Jacob (6) Possible Aspergers, but we have to sort through his anger/abandonment issues first
Jackson (4) The sweetest little guy you will ever meet.
Busymommie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote