View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 10:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Valerie, so sorry to hear of your loss.

Kim, I didn't realize your son had had a <mis>adventure. Glad he's doing well!

My 6yo remains gf, vegan, soy-free and corn-free (actually, I slipped up and fed him some pureed black bean soup with fresh corn in it, but it didn't seem to bother him). I suppose I need to challenge the soy - its funny, when he was younger we would do knock-knock jokes about "TOFE WHO? Do you like tofu?", and he would always say "no!". Now he begs for tofu and tempeh. Poor thing. I would love to have Enterolab give me the answers, but I don't know if we can/should swing it financially.

I have been having more energy lately, which is a real blessing. I've been so fatigued for so long, with intermittent remissions. I keep hoping the fatigue is a result of my gluten sensitivity and <presumable> vitamin deficiencies than Lupus (which I still want to believe has been misdiagnosed!)! When I'm bone weary though, I wonder. Some good news - at my annual, my ob/gyn ordered a CBC and all my counts were within normal range! Yea! So definite improvement there. I took myself off soy for 2 weeks (vs my son's 3 months and counting) and that probably wasn't long enough. Its hard for me to measure fatigue - my son's symptoms tend to be more obvious.
jamietwo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote