View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Welcome nilram and gislat! Sorry I am late to this....just lazy!

nilram - I go to Portland (more specifically St Vincent's in Cedar Hills/Barnes Rd) for the clinical trial that I am in once a month for tx and see Dr. Stanley Cohan. I grew up in Hillsboro and used to work at VA Hospital connected to OHSU. I now live in Boise.

The MS center there is very good. I wish you luck with your appt in January.

I too have started having neuropathic pain in both my legs again and the doc have rx'd neurontin but I have opted out adding more meds to the long list I am already taking. It comes and goes and if I get enough rest and take Soma at night, I can get through the worst of it.

When I was first dx'd, I had horrible hypersensitivity in my upper thighs, back of legs and buttock area. Could not even touch me and it was excruciating to wear clothes. I was miserable. My neuro tested me for PN which came back negative (not a fun test!) and decided it was a symptom I was exhibiting during an exacerbation. Great...something to look forward to! It comes and goes. I have realized it is heat related. Stay cool and hydrated and it is tolerable. Live and learn with this disease. Get myself too hot and don't drink enough water...and wham! I pay for that! (I am a landscape designer and work outside all summer! Duh...)

I hope both of you get the answers you need to treat your pain. It's not fun. It's funny, but there are some docs out there who say there is no pain with MS....

</IMG></IMG>

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote