View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 03:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sissy, Donna, and McGee: Thank you all so much for your replies! The information and support are very much appreciated!

I remembered something else, and your responses have brought up a couple things as well, whenever anyone has the time...

1. I don't know what bearing this could have, but I forgot to mention that I have had two concussions in the past. The first one was in middle school...7th grade...I was unconscious for an unknown amount of time and had amnesia for a week, but after that no lasting effects. The second one was in early 2002, I don't think I was actually knocked out, just dazed for a few seconds. I had absolutely no after-effects with that one. What--if anything--does this history mean for me in my current condition? I know it's not good to have multiple concussions, but how many is "too many" and within what kind of time frame?

2. As I have no insurance, I don't really have a GP, either. Is it a waste of time and $10 to go to the health department for this? Would they even know how to treat me or would they just refer me out to someone I can't afford?

3. Other than the obvious "it's bad for you in general," what is the importance of staying away from alcohol right now? Does drinking tend to worsen the symptoms or make this last longer or something? Some of us were drinking on the tour, and I did a couple times in the week following, but that was all before the symptoms started showing up so I dunno if it has any effect on that or not...

4. How slow do I need to be taking things here?? It's been six and a half weeks already, and we've been off for the holidays, so I've done pretty much nothing but sit around the house with my family as it is. New tours start in January though and I'm already scheduled to be in four different states the first weekend! No pun intended, but my head really needs to be in the game here to do my job. Also, I have been looking for a second job for about a month now. This is not an optional thing. I'm worried that I won't be able to handle a "normal" job though because of all the problems I've been having. Can anyone advise me on this?

5. What does a craniosacral-whatever doctor do, exactly? I've never even heard of one before.

Heh...sorry if it annoys anyone that I keep numbering everything...it helps me stay organized lately. And McGee, your response was not a downer at all! It actually made me laugh at points, but it was still very informative and to-the-point. Thank you!
JiNXy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote