View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 04:29 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Jamie

Sorry to hear you are dealing with all of that... as others have said - you are not alone on mobility.... I think all of us - with different types and degrees of neuropathy have experienced some sort of mobility issues... and use what techniques and assistive devices necessary to keep moving as much as possible...

I have an auto-immune neruopathy (CIDP) and automic - which has essentially paralyzed my stomach so I know part of the reason I've lost strength is I'm not able to eat like I should or want to - live on liquid supplements only... However, some days are better then others in regards to walking and strength - and I've had to learn to listen to my body as to whats needed to get around... if I overdo it - and I do - then I can expect for pay for the next couple days with extreme fatique, shaking, etc... I try to hang oh the walls at home - or use cane or walker... but in public my balance and strength are so compromised I use a wheelchair - then I do not have to worry about falling (I've had one bad fall out of the shower when I let go of shower support and cracked my jaw, etc, last year).., I too always have a phone on me - just to go the "ladies room" at home etc....

PT and yoga etc. helps many - and I think part if its going to work for you is finding someone who is knowlegeable with your diseases. I've had PT several times and just gotten weaker and the PT's frustrated - but yes, being sedentary I think does make us weaker - its a viscious circle...

Hang in there - you are not alone!
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote