Thread: Very frustrated
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 07:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Very frustrated

I went back to the doctor today & he said my EMG was normal so according to him I don't have neurogenic TOS. Now he's sending me for an ultrasound and a CT scan to rule out vascular TOS. I really didn't expect the EMG to show anything as they didn't test the brachial plexus area nor did they put my arm in any positions that provoke symptoms. Also, the test was normal in the carpal tunnel area as I have had 4 surgeries for that back in the 80's and was told back then I have permanent nerve damage there....funny that's not showing up now! What really got me was when I told him that I had to quit taking the Elavil that he had prescribed for pain because it not only turned me into a zombie, it gave me a rash all over. He told me that it had to be something else, that Elavil hardly ever gives a rash. I tried to tell him that I hadn't changed soaps or anything else that could have given me a rash and that the Elavil was the only thing different & it started going away as soon as I quit taking it. I asked him if I could try something else for pain since the Elavil wasn't working out for me and he said "we'll just skip that for now". If I didn't have to see this jerk because of WC I would have walked out of the office at that point. He also wouldn't write me a prescription for Ibuprofen & a heating pad so I can get reimbursed from WC for those.
KLS2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote