View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 12:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I agree with PCS McGee

Hi Jinxy - I agree with everything PCS McGee has said and just want to reinforce that at present you don't push yourself to do anything whatsoever.

I firmly believe that what you do in the initial time post accident has a huge bearing on your long term recovery. You may not even realise that you are pushing yourself - I was finding that I would be saying to myself that I "couldn't be bothered doing things" - something that you would never have heard me saying previously and then would force myself to do what ever it was - BIG MISTAKE. It was really my brain trying to let me know that I didn't have the capacity - I was forcing myself to do things and making my brain scream and want to explode in my skull. Please do not do this to yourself take a break - I have been living with this for 6 and half years now and as the others know it destroys your life.

ER - I kept going back saying my head hurt etc, I was told by one doctor that he knew about people like me as he used to work for an insurance company - well you can probably guess I went out and sat in my car and cried and thought maybe I had gone crazy. Not a good experience.

MRI and CT - they have shown nothing. Only thing that showed anything was a QEEG - but then there is nothing really to fix what it shows- so why spend the money - my QEEG for me was really an emotional thing - so that I could see something that justified the symptons of the PCS.

Repeat Concussions - I think there could be a problem if you bump your head again before the previous concussion has healed. I know that it takes less and less of a bump each time to have worse effects. And with PCS we all seem to be more accident prone due to problems with balance and self awareness issues.

Stress - try to avoid this totally - not good for you at all - seems to exagerate all the symptons.

Please take care of your self

Lynlee
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote