Thread: Merry Christmas
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 12:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default No Drama/no Headaches

Good Morning Lynlee, Sorry to read about your negative side effects with the medication Proyigal, I do not know much about this medication, but it sounds like your body and brain are telling you they don't like it and like many who post here I am very anti drug, as McGee would say there are no silver bullets for PCS.

Christmas this year was very simple. I went out and had dinner with some friends all positive energy people made some phone calls or emails the people that I love and care about. No Stress, No Non sense, No Drama and No Migraines. Cleaning My House and keeping the stress and negative people out of my life.

Hum whats up with that I have not lost my temper in a few weeks now and no migraines for several weeks, but I do use medication to prevent the migraines from starting in the first place and no negative side effects from this medication at this time, so prevention is one of the keys in regards to managing the migraines.

My friend Mary sent me a nice email Christmas Day in regards to Starting a New Life and asked what she could do to help. Very focused on this idea and that is the direction I'm moving in. I have a lot of work to do right now.The re building of my brain is a slow and some times painful process and it is a work that only I can do. Physician Heal Thy Self.

Lynlee all I can do here is share my experience.I'm making progress but I'm not setting myself for failure by being unrealistic in setting up my goals and expectation in this healing process.

Baby steps will get me to the bus and appling Kaizen to this problem has been very helpful for me as each one of the symptoms of TBI/PCS are being dismantled one at a time and when this work is finished I'm going after the cause.

Take one step at a time and if something does not work to solve the problem try something else.

Take Care Jeffn

PS: One thing I do is write out small question on a 3x5 card and I keep them in a small box on my desk this is one form of prayer for me and once a week or so I review the questions I've writen. Some of the questions are answered and they go into a thank you box and some of the question are not answered I let them sit.

Example: What does my brain need to heal its self ?
jeffn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote