View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 11:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowel Lady View Post
...... Smart Water. That's the actual name.
......I bought it at my regular grocery store. However, I have also seen it at Wild Oats (natural food store).
..............A friend of mine, a biology professor, drinks water mixed with a little gatorade.
Thanks VL!
I live in Mayberry RFD, so I'll hafta look when I get to a bigger city. I drink Gatorade and Powerade a lot because I sweat so much. (I know, women don't sweat, they glisten......I SWEAT!) There's only 1% Potassium in Gatorade.

The last year I worked as a CNA (2 years ago) I was on salt tablets because of this. I would come home and eat a jar of pickles. Seriously. Figure that one out....I was on Lasix and a salt supplement...... hmmm (Kinda like an oxymoron out of context)

Anyway, because of the Lasix, the Dr. told me to eat a banana a day for potassium. Is this enough? I don't seem to get the *extreme* leg cramps like I did when working, just the occasional ones that make you jump up and look like an idiot. (Save the comments please..... )

I've heard a person can OD on a potassium supplement. Is there any truth to that? I was thinking of taking one, but jeesh.........
Hugs,
Jan