View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Dear Highhatsize

Hi there,

I am glad to hear from you, and that you are beginning to feel a little better overall. The anger you are experiencing towards yourself, your girlfriend... et al... is a part of the grieving process. it will relent.

I say this seldom but as I feel connected right now... I will pray for you. I will pray to God for you. i hope you don't mind this, on behalf of a confirmed agnostic. But i am also somewhat mystic. I often i feel connected to the cosmos as part of a tapestry. Right now i feel more connected with the Christian concept of God; it is firmer ground, points of reference. I hope it is ok that even though i'm not, per se, a "Christian" that still i can and will pray for you. And not to some "Mr. Holiday" either.

I must say i was shocked at the objection of the presence of the word "Christ"... like, hellllo???? i wonder if they would have objected if it was a Divali party... say to the mention of Shiva... or would that be considered exciting and exotic? Perhaps a New Year's Party should be called a Holiday Party too. after all "year" is different for different religions/cultures... Divali is the Hindu new year best i know, and the Chinese new year is different yet again!

sigh. sense and sensibilities.

~ waves ~