View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 05:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hot = Cold = Pain Absolutely

Elsie,
Just like Kmeb, Sue, and Dahlek, my feet also run from very hot to freezing cold - the cold is almost constant now although there are times that my toes are freezing while the soles and tops of my feet feel as though they are on fire - all the result of the small fiber damage which doesn't show up on standard NCV/EMG exams. These exams measure affects on the large nerve fibers but the best measures of small fiber damage are QSRT and skin punch biopsies - only a few places like Mayo clinics, Johns Hopkins and I believe Cornell-Weill in NYC do the biopsies but they are well worth it for the info you can get.

There's an incredible wealth of info on this forum from personal experiences together with extensive literature searches so you'll find an answer for just about anything or find someone who has the same symptomology - it just takes some time and patience.

It always seems a bit ironic to welcome someone to the forum because it's almost always indicative that they too are suffering from PN but welcome nonetheless - you came to the right place.

Alkymst

Last edited by Alkymst; 12-29-2007 at 05:10 PM. Reason: typo
Alkymst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote