View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 06:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Grin Adult ADHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by loisba View Post
My 35 year old daughter was just diagnosed ADD. Her Dr has prescribed Strattera. We're a bit leary of it because of the side effects, but apparently the side effects seem to be worse in children and adolescents than adults.
She was the one who asked he Dr if she could be ADD. She had been investigating symptoms online, since she thinks her daughter is ADD, and realized how much she herself fit the symptoms.
Loisba,

I was on Strattera at first when I was diagnosed with ADHD 12 yrs ago. I was 17 then. I stopped taking my meds as I felt I didn't need them. However 12 yrs later I realize that yes I do need the meds and do alot better when I am on them. I am now on Adderall XR. The side effects are just about the same usually in children and adolesents. I have only had two of the side affects. Weight loss and hunger suppressent. As with all stimulants though those are side affects.

I also questioned my diagnoses online. I saw the symptoms that I was having in my younger neice. Once I was diagnosed and my daughter was born. Now that she is 7 I see the symptoms in her. I am having her and her brother tested.

Good luck