View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Elsie:;

First things first. Get a new neurologist, (hopefully one more versed in PN). I'm a diabetic and my feet (only when I'm stressed), burn like hell. But I take my methyl B-12 every day, and usually have no problem, thankfully!!!

My husband has been diagnosed with neurpathy over 15 years now. They believe he has CIDP, (he actually thinks he has lyme disease). This is something new now that he is mulling over in his head.

He took the blood tests for Lyme about 2 years ago. He did test positive for 2 out of 5 of the things, but the doctor said "no, you don't have Lyme Disease".

Last week he was watching the Discovery Channel and he saw a case where a girl had bad arthritis and other symptoms and all her lyme disease blood work came back negative. She then went to Spain and her roomate had the same symptoms and her roomate said 'my god, you have what I have, you have Lyme Disease". The girl responded saying "no, they say I don't have it, they took a vial of blood and I tested negative". Then the other girl said 'one vial??? they have to take 3 vials, because it shows up in various places in your body". So the girl went to a doctor and they took blood from various locations on her body, and guess what?? Test came back positive.

She went on antibiotic therapy for over 1 year and all her symptoms disapperared.

So now my husband is going to ask his doctor (when he goes for blood work right before his operation on his foot), he's going to say "I want the correct test for Lyme Disease", and he'll tell his Dr. Fred about the program on the Discovery Channel.

I have no idea what my husband has. If it's CIDP, or whatever. All I know is that if they ever do the test, and it comes back positive for Lyme disease, and this could have been prevented!!!!!, well, I just don't know.

So get a better neuro. You deserve it!!!

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote