View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 10:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hi from Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanityfaire View Post
Hi all, My name is Jo and I am just dropping by to find some support for RSD. I have had the problem for about three years now and it really effects everything that I do. I keep active and try not to let it get me down but sometimes it is too much. I am on some doses of medication and carry a full time job. That can be tricky managing the doses and keeping up with the things I need to do at work.
Well, this looks like a pretty friendly place and active with responses. I have already peaked in the RSD section.
Hi Jo and welcome too this wonderful support It's true, RSD effects everying in your life. To me, it's really a process of grieving. It's such an adjustment to losing your health and the ability to do what you formally were able to do.
To those of us that were phsically active, we have learned new ways to be active. The medication and the RSD affects our engergy level so it's really difficult to not give up. I've found that swimming it the best and easiest on our body for toning and remaining flexible. RSD affects the limbic part of your brain that controls jugment, depression and memory loss. There are medications that not only help with depression, but are used to help control nerve pain--they are anti-depressants. RSD also affects circulation in your body and blood pressure,, both high and low. I am on two different blood pressure meds and two different anti-depressants. Lack of sleep was a problem for me so my Dr. prescribed sleep medication to take as needed.
I was on an extremely high dosage of anti-seizure med, until Lyrica was out for a while and we decided to try it. For me, it was so much more effective thannureotin
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote