Thread: Levaquin
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 01:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsie View Post
I have taken Levaquin in the past for bladder infections. I saw where this was posted on their site.

"Rare cases of peripheral neuropathy have been reported in patients receiving quinolones, including levofloxacin. Discontinue if symptoms of neuropathy occur to prevent the development of an irreversible condition."

Does anyone think that levaquin, or this group of antibiotics, caused their PN?
Elsie, Levaquin most definitely can cause peripheral neuropathy. I had a very serious adverse reaction to Levaquin in 2006 and had horrible nerve pain in my entire body. None of the doctors would believe that Levaquin was to blame. It begain approximately 4 days after starting the Levaquin. I had symptoms for 6 MONTHS FROM THIS ADVERSE REACTION AND STILL HAVE SOME OF THE SYMPTOMS OVER 1 YEAR LATER. IT DEFINITELY CAUSED SOME SORT OF IRREVERSABLE CONDITION having to do with my nervous system but have tried without success to find out what the drug manufacturer is referring to in the prescribing instructions where it says "could lead to irreversable condition." Now have such severe thoracic outlet syndrome and blood clot in my left chest/shoulder area. The thoracic outlet syndrome symptoms got much worse when Levaquin reaction happened (nerve pain in arms and hands so severe could not sleep, etc.). I don't think I will ever get anywhere with the Levaquin reaction and getting answers. There are literally thousands of people who have had similar reactions. Just do a search online and you will see! Also, your doctor should tell you to NEVER take another quinilone antibiotic again since you could have same reaction to other similar drugs. I will not take one unless I am on my death bed and this is the only type of antibiotic that will save me!
numbhands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote