View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 02:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks 'Helping',

I looked through the list of blood tests that I have had done these last few months and 'no', Ferritin and Iron Saturation have not been done. However my Hb was very good at 150g/L (range 130-185) and Mean Cell Haemoglobin was 31.9 pg (range 26-34). I don't know the extent that the Ferritin and Iron Saturation , if low, impinge on these results. Perhaps I can ask at my next visit but any more advice beforehand would be helpful!

I have had times, a few years ago, when my Ferritin was below the lowest figure in the range (and it is a huge range from memory) but nothing was done about it - so there must be other factors to consider.

Recently I had an allied health practitioner tell me that he thinks my whole-of-body cellular oxygenation is low due to a cascade of messages not being transmitted properly due to nutritional or even mitochondrial defects!!!! At the time he talked to me about this I was so fatigued and I couldn't take much in - very technical!

To Ron!

I have been reluctant to accept medication until most of my testing has been completed - so I am not on any conventional Peripheral Neuropathy medication at this stage nor have I even got a CFS/Fibro diagnosis.

I am however on Hydrocortisone for adrenal insufficiency - longterm.

Also a few weeks ago the allied health practitioner, whom I referred to above, after doing some of his type of tests (spatial, coordination and other weird things) put me on Shark Liver Oil. I was quite negative about taking this stuff but two days later in the afternoon about 3pm I started to feel a 'veil' or 'cloud', so to speak lift from my brain. Then the following day I felt amazing......and for five days I had the best five days in five months!!! Yipee I thought I was coming through the other side. On the sixth day I didn't feel so good and then had a bit of a downward spiral, fatigue wise. When next I spoke to that practitioner he felt that I was probably detoxifying and needed liver support. He then added some more things like N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, Yellow Dock and Chlorella. I feel that the fatigue is somewhat improving again but not as good as "those five wonderful days yet".

During those five days, although the fatigue was 'gone' the PN and the aches, pains and stiffness were still there...but it is the general debilitating fatigue that has been overwhelmingly impacting so much on my well-being and ability to function. To be rid of that alone would be excellent!!!
Megan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
warbelsnap (01-02-2009)