Thread: Grace Walk!
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 05:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome David!

Just a couple of thoughts today? Busyness!!! I have to admit I do not know what some of these gadgets are or what they are for. Ipod? What is that? Well, so you have an Ipod, and you are driving down the interstate talking on your cell phone and eating the french fries you got at the fast food place on the way. You are on the way to your doctor's appointment to talk about your cholesterol?

Company comes and we still have the TV turned on to Entertainment Tonight. We have to see what Dr Phil has to say about...... or lets talk about church. We can't seem to get a breakthrough, so we go to three seminars on prayer and on the way, the Cell phone rings, it seems that the Sunday School Teacher broke her leg and wants you to.......

OK enough already! What was I saying about peace. Does God want us or our busyness?Are we so busy serving God we don't stop long enough to hear what he has to say? Are we afraid to hear what he has to say because maybe he will want us to do yet another thing? NO no no!Besides this a Neurological Board, maybe we just have one giant headache.

When God created the world, he rested!
When Jesus died on the cross, he said "It is Finished!"
What was finished? The payment for our sin debt. He not only died to satisfy a righteous God's requirement for justice, but He died to give us an abundant life. Why are we not living this abundant life? Maybe we are? Any ideas? In the meantime, you think that IPOD (whatever that is) the cell phone the music on the cellphone, and the latest video game keeps us from hearing the still small voice of the Holy Spirit.

Until next time......

Judy
SallysMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote