View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 12:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Joined our little one in doggie heaven......

well,this got me crying all over again! We had our little doggie put out of her misery on the 20th. I didn't want another holiday with everyone having to step over her cause she was going downhill fast. Everyone said their good-bye's on Thanksgiving. So we had 5 weeks more with her after an ER run to the vet.

I believe all dogs do go to heaven. So Pepper was there to greet your doggie! They don't have to suffer anymore. Pepper was nearly 15 yr old & had a good life.

Now everyone handles this loss differently. I put pics of Pepper on the frig,but I removed her dog bed & food dish out of my sight. When we pick up the ashes I'll tape her pic on the box.

As for the ghosts.....oh yes! I keep seeing her running around like she did when healthy. Rather that,than the last few weeks when she was so weak & I'd just look into those brown eyes & ask her to just let go.

About getting another dog right away: this can go 2 ways. I did that once for my dad & he couldn't stand the new puppy. I meant well but he just wasn't ready. In our case the little dog was actually my housemate's more than mine. Now I'm encouraging my housemate to bond more with my dog.My feeling is that we will get another dog when one comes into our life (I got my rescue dog because of a newspaper article about him being attacked @ the shelter).

Same with cats,they find us somehow! But that's just my personal belief from my own experiences.

to you & your hubby for your loss. We'll never forget our special furry friends.

Even my dog is grieving. I had the good sense to get him some new toys that help distract him from his loss also. Even the cat seems to be depressed.

We got a card from our vet that showed 2 dogs sitting on clouds with a big butterfly & wonderful sunbeam. It's a very peaceful vision......no more pain! Just memories of all the good times they had here with us.
Buttons is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote