Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Red face Hi Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious View Post
getting any quieter at home?
today was a bit... some days better some worse. my mother has always had a loud voice and sometimes talks constantly. plus my dad is hard of hearing which he denies at all costs. compounding the problem, they have a habit of communicating across rooms, hence a really high volume, which my mom has no problem providing of course. she has a lot of anger in her which emerges constantly, especially if she feels accused of something, which is frequent. my dad has ants in his pants about stuff lately and when he goes off on his projects its a battlefield here as my mom is never in agreement he gets angry too and there you have it.

that is my "voluminous" life at home. it is bothersome at best, but when i am depressed or manic or have a migraine it drives me nuts. i have managed to get across about phono/photosensitivity with migraine, and they do try to cooperate with that. a migraine i guess seems more obvious since i wear shades inside, stay off the pc, don't watch tv, gobble ibuprofen, and if its bad i am in bed with ice and a black sock over my eyes. but consider i don't have my own room i sleep in the living room - that does NOT help.

depression they don't notice and hypo/manic i get combative with their noise which only makes things worse, but i can't "center" myself, and sometimes cannot leave the house. in any event i have to pick my battles - they are who they are and are in their 70's so...

that's probably way more than you wanted to know.

~ waves ~