View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 03:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Wonderful replys..

I understand and empathise with all of your replys to this artical and in responce to Imahotep I agree, it seemed rather insulting to me as well but I thought it may bring up some good discusions as it has, I too have worse pain with activity such as bearing weight etc.. but I have ongoing pain as well. And I too was under no stress before my injury I was on top of my game and having a blast.. then boom darn car.

And Pain levels Talya.. way past due for discussion.. The pain schedule most hospitals use is 0-10, zero being no pain and 10 being the worst pain imaginable.. I once burnt my foot with alot of hot oil and that is my 10, the moment of oil contact. we have only the pain we have experienced to consider our worst pain imaginable, this system of pain intensity is very flawed as far as comparisons, some may imagine being burned alive as worst but we can only imagine that pain, we have no experience of it to be able to use effectivly as a comparison.

There is another system that quotes 1-10.. 10 being the worst pain you have ever experienced.. that is even more dificult to use as comparison in trials.. hmm this needs to be researched further.

My pain sits at about 6 most days and ocasionaly it can spike up to an 8 in which I am in a cold sweat and nausious, I also have passed out at my 9.. I like to avoid those numbers.. my chest pain brings me to 8, but it dosnt stay there. But this is only my pain scale.. it is important to realize that these are our own pain scales.. and are realy not comparable to other peoples pain levels.. in comparison.. am I making sence?
I believe this system is flawed but it is the only one useable at this point.(though they are working on ways to be able to read pain levels via instamentation a brain scan of sorts).

Ann, hi thank you so much for your reply, I think the fact that ketamine can make the RSD go into remission tends to overshadow the facts that most people only get partial results such as yourself. I would love to hear more about your experiences with that treatment at some point please.
Your 2- point, about new less invasive drugs are in my thoughts these days, my research area for now. It will be huge to all conditions that involve the inflamitory component aparently.. I can't wait I am implementing what I can now and it is helping me.. Antioxadents nuff said lol been there done that.

I look forward to more responces, and hope you all had a wonderful holiday season.
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote