View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 01:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Denae, I'll sit and cry with you though we know it doesn't help any. I just wish your family could have a break.

Matt's first seizure type that got him diagnosed with epilepsy was atonic seizures. He too seemed as if he tripped but he clearly hadn't tripped but he would fall then just get up. Once in a while he'd just fall in an odd direction and once in a while he couldn't speak clearly for some time afterward. He did get hurt at times. Fell down the stairs once. Please remember these have no warning usually so she needs to be even more cautious which was one of the hardest things for me to figure out... how to encourage normalcy and yet not let him do so much for safety reasons. This was from an infant but especially problematic when he began kindergarten at age 4.

Anyway, what is the med they give to children with deteriorating seizure patterns and delays? the name of the condition escapes me. She has all the same seizure types they do. Not sure if her EEG pattern fits but..... I know it isn't what you'd want to hear but if it has a name and a protocol for treatment...maybe it would help Riley?!

I can't imagine what is going on in her sweet body.

When Matt was having such a hard time this year, I was very grateful they admitted him to sort it out. Again, not pleasant, but she needs solid help. You can play with the meds but I think they need to start from square one again and reassess her completely.

my thoughts, filled with my loving concern and prayers for your sweet girl.

Hope someone gives you some hope and comfort and that Riley has a better day each day.

lucinda
lucinda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote