View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 10:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Cedar,
you and I pretty much might have the same ones. I have simple partials and complex partials, but last year grand mal started up too.
Now for simple partial seizures that's one where you're having one, but are still conscious during the seizure. For the simple partial i have deja vu. Then for the complex, I end up totaly unconscious. Then when i'm conscious again I'm 100% confused. I don't know who, what, where, when, or why. I also hallucinate half the time. Being unconscious is the seizure. But being confused and hallucinating is the electrical activity in your brain trying to get back to normal. After one of the complex seizures i have noticed myself looking all around the house for my grandma that's passed away 8 years ago. So I'm confused, but not enough to forget doing that.
Some people have an aura, a feeling telling them that a seizure is on the way. An aura is also a simple partial seizure. But an aura can warn you anywhere from minutes to hours that a seizure is coming. I hope that your neurologist is helping you well.

Sincerely
shawn33
shawn33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote