View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 11:01 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fern View Post
I suffer w/stiff neck myself. I have TOS and cervical disk and joint issues. I have found that sleeping on my back using a Tempurpedic pillow is finally possible now that I figured out that I have to have my lower legs elevated on a wedge and pillow. When sleeping on either side arms get numb and my neck is worse. The solution of back sleeping works for me but I had to have a PT work with me to make sure I got the right pillow height and shape for my needs. I also place a verticle roll of bubble wrap between the shoulder blades (designed by Dr Newkirk). The stiff necks aren't gone but it helps. I hope you can experiment to find something that helps you.

Oh my God Fern, I did not know you went through such things just to try to get sleep. I thought well know that we all use a lot of pillows and tricks. I just can't or don't sleep about every second and third day - I have nights of being up all night with pain, and then finally a night where I do sleep through I believe because I am so utterly exhausted that I finally sleep through the pain.

God bless us all.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote