View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 05:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am so terribly sorry for your loss, Junie...and your husband's. I'm glad that Blue had the comfort of being with your husband and they could say goodbye. I know Blue will never be forgotten & you'll always love him...but the new puppy soon to be born will bring you love & joy and in time your husband's grief will ease as he comes to love your new fur kid.
My heart goes out to you both...I hope you will find healing peace.

I def understand because my fur kids are my children. I have lost beloved fur kids and nursed them and would do anything for them....I had thought after my last devastating loss, in which I nursed him for over a year, (he died from liver cancer) that I would never have another, I thought I couldn't bear the agony again, of losing them.
Then the empty house, echoing with the murmers & shadows of my beloved made me realize that I will never run out of love...and I was so lonely and miserable so I adopted a shelter boy...about a year later, I adopted another boy, both American Shorthairs, now 5 and 6 years old and I adore them.
The second boy, I adopted only after seeing him on the shelter's website! I called them & they claimed he was too skittish & freaked out to be adopted & that 3 prospective families had returned him...and they said if I took him, they'd leave his bio up on their website since I'd most likely take him back. I said NO WAY! I love for LIFE and it will work out! So I brought him home and he was terrified and insecure, hid himself for a week beneath my bed, where I provided food & water and patiently waited for him to decide when to emerge. One day as we were watching a movie, suddenly he peeked out and slowly, hesitantly worked his way toward the living room archway and watched us. We made no sudden moves but talked to him & coaxed him. A few nights later I awakened to him snuggled up to me in bed and he's been a total Momma's boy ever since and my constant companion. That was over 4 years ago!
We never run outta love to give and once we've been owned by fur kids, there's no turning back!

May God bring you & your husband inner peace, comfort & healing.

Luv
Critter

CRITTER is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote