View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 06:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I love you guys! I feel the same as you do Doodlebug!
If I were able I would be a radical activist. I do what I can tho...I belong to many animal protection groups, I write articles and have pro-life (animal & human) websites and always adopt from shelters. I give what money I can to rescues, and I write letters & make phone calls to anyone & everyone in a position to make a difference & change the laws regarding animal protection & abuse. I won't buy anything tested on animals, don't wear leather or fur & encourage others to stop wearing it. But that's not nearly enough....I yearn to do so much more!
A lot of people have criticised PETA and other radical animal protection societies....and although I have at times felt they've gone a bit too far, I still believe it often takes a radical action to garner the much needed attention toward their goals, to bring about an awareness to the masses of the horrific & heinous acts being committed against animals every single day. The research labs, the puppy mills, the mink farms, the hoarders, the open markets in Asia...those I can hardly bear to see or think about. I can never for the life of me understand how anyone could be so cold and callous, heartless, unfeeling and cruel, sick & twisted to treat animals as though they are nothing...or some even enjoy the debauchery they inflict upon those poor, innocent ones.
Their screams, their agony and fear...their eyes haunt me from the videos I've seen. I have nightmares from it. I could never become jaded or hardened to it....never.
There's so much I wish I hadn't seen that will live on within my mind for all eternity, but it only serves to make me more determined to fight with all my might against these atrocities.
The exploitation & abuses of animals has got to stop! We have to fight with all our might to put an end to it! I SO admire the people who are out fighting for animal rights and who put their lives on the line going under-cover to expose research labs and myriad other forms of abuse and helping to shut them down! The animals whose lives were lost must not have died in vain...and there are some truly good people fighting to make certain they won't have died in vain.
There are not nearly enough laws protecting animals adequately, nor severe enough punishments for for abusing them!
Michael Vick got off with such a pathetic sentence it infuriates me! He & his cohorts are sick, twisted, deranged & evil! Those poor dogs suffered the most horrific & inexcusable abuses it is a miracle that, reportedly only one was euthanised due to the extent of his injuries.
Those dog's trust was betrayed, their bodies battered, their souls ravaged! They will never ever be the same. Their spirits are devastated.
Michael Vick is no human being...look at the result of the abuse he heaped upon those innocent dogs & you can see exactly what kind of a monster he is. Prison will not change the inner demon he is...other than add to his evil.
I applaud you all for your love & devotion toward animals and the world needs lots more like you!

Ali, you sound like a very intelligent, kind & compassionate girl & I hope your dream of becoming Vet comes true for you! What a wonderful Vet you would be! You're in my prayers hon!

Gabby, I cry thru those shows too! It makes me feel so helpless to help and I can't bear to see an animal suffer. I always wonder why there aren't more wealthy people giving money to help animals...Michael Vick should have had to pay HUGE money! I love your acreage plan....maybe I can join ya someday in creating a million acre critter reserve!! Your store sounds awesome & I love the hospitality! =^..^=

Catwhispers....WOW! Kvella Deville DEF looks like the Pink!!! Lol! Awesome face! Stunning eyes! BEEEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I'm in love!

LOVE TO YAZ ALL!!!
Critter

CRITTER is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote