View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 08:01 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Talking lentils lentils lentils, money money money

away with tradition... sort of!

i'm going out with a friend for an early movie after which we will eat at our favourite

CHINESE RESTAURANT!!!

there is a sort of traditional aspect
in that this friend and i have dined together on the 31st, and cheered in the new year the last 4 new years together. this time we will go home right after dinner, since we live too far apart now. plus, i don't have my apartment so it would be a "complicated family issue" to do the midnight thing which neither family his or mine normally do. last year we tried here, but it wasn't so relaxed and fun like when i was on my own. besides then we would hang out after midnight, but we live waaaaay far apart... so driving after midnight? naaaaah. last year we had to make sure he left soon enough so as too encounter as few drunk drivers as possible. plus we are having problems with heavy fog at night.

my parents are having the traditional lentils, along side the yucky sausage stuff

if i were home, i would just eat the lentils, maybe make myself some rice alongside. the lentils are cooked and served separately from the yucky gooey sausage.

my mom is saving me some lentils - which i love - for tomorrow.

~ waves ~ wishing you a happy new year
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-31-2009)