View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 08:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
1- What constitutes to YOU as a good neuro's qualities?
2- What constitutes to YOU a bad or indifferent neuro's qualities?
3- Worst of all, What constitutes the WORST qualities of some neuros?
#1. One who gives you time, isn't rushing to the next patient--listens to what you are saying, really listens--a personality helps!!!

#2. One who questions you about why you think you have something that is irrelevant to why you are seeing this doctor--sometimes I swear these doctors try to distract you away from your purpose of why you are seeing them and I am not sure why they do that. My first visit with my neurologist was a learning experience for both of us, more so for him. He questioned me as to why I think I have celiac disease over and over, and finally I told him, "It doesn't matter if I am celiac or not, I am gluten intolerant, I will be gluten free for the rest of my life--now, lets talk about my neuropathy!" It's the not hearing what he needs to hear that bothered me most.

#3. One who is totally uncaring while examing you--the ones who treat you like you are an object and not really human. I had one do the needle part of a nerve conduction test--he did say, "This may hurt." Yet, then he broke the blood vessel, which is very painful, he didn't say a word. That's uncalled for.

Doctors are people too, not Gods like some of them think they are. Many of them need to come back down to earth and remember who puts them where they are.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote