Thread: Group housing
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 09:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
Especially since it is the one I know something about.

Advantages-
1) You would own your own trailer and rent the space. This preserves the dignity of some independence.
2) The park could be owned by a corporation which would, in turn, be owned jointly by the residents. They pay rent to the corporation which then pays the bank.
3) For $500,000 you should be able to buy an existing park with 20 spaces in a decent location. Standard financing would require $100,000 down. So if 20 people are in that means they come up with $5000 each to start.
4) Monthly payments would run about $3000 or so. $150/month.
5) I am basing the scenario on a park I am familiar with and it has a young couple who live in a trailer furnished by the park. They mow and maintain and manage for their rent plus $400/month. A similar arrangement should be possible and duties to include cooking one meal per day for 20 added. Say $600/month. $30 each.
6) So that comes to $180/month each so far. Add in cost of food etc and you probably get close to $400 or so. Wild guess on that BTW.

So it is doable strictly by numbers. Reality might be harder though.
there are lots of expenses that we have not mentioned. Insurance, transportation, food costs, etc. It could get expensive in a hurry!

Charlie
chasmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote