Old 12-31-2007, 10:23 AM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Good OR bad?

I think this applies to ALL docs....

First, good site Megan!

1) Any and every doc should be willing to listen to a concise summary of WHY you are there - and not interrupt within reasonable period (isnt the usual interuption after about 15 seconds)? , then ask pertinent questions and know the tests to start with, etc, if they dont know they need to admit that to the patient and research or refer them to a doc who should) Take a list, a summary, whatever... but they need to listen to the patient and be receptive to our reserarch - not be glancing at their watch. They should treat one as a human being - they are professionals - so what - so are all of us in our field - we deserve respect - a handshake in introduction - if they want to call us by our first name ASK us first - dont assume - how would they like if if we called them by their first name?????
2) Any indifferent doc barely looks at a person - doesnt listen - doesnt read chart - and often brushes off important details you needed to tell them.... they need to care about the patient's well being - thats why they are getting paid....
3) Across the board for all - arrogance and indifferance.... I dont care how busy they are - I know if I treated people when I was able to work how I've been treated by some docs - I'd have been fired... as would almost anyone in any other profession... lousy docs dont care - say they are rushed (which I'm sure they are - as are we all) - and somehow feel they are able to bypass common curteousies and due diligence, often at our financial and most important - physical expensive...... If they dont like what they are doing - they need to change professionals.... its often said that docs get hung up on their power -and many many do.... no matter how lousy they are......

Thats how I feel - I've seen great docs and I've seen some that have very appropriately since lost their licenses to practice - and it was obvious in the way they treated people. There are many in the middle - good and bad in every field - and thats where we the patients FIRE them or form a good bond!
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote