View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Please allow me to take a crack at this one!!!

I will only comment on #3.

We have had 18 years of going to doctors and getting pooh poohed on every question. Especially when I told them that Alan's mom had GBS. Absolutely every one said "oh it can't be connected to CIDP".. Really!!!!

The very best one was the neuro who spoke at one of the neuropathy meetings and when I asked her "what would you say if I told you that my husband's mother had GBS, would you just say automatically, "Oh that can't be connected, you can't inherit neuropathy, blah blah??"

She replied "I would never be so arrogant as to say such a thing". SHE ACTUALLY SAID THIS. I loved this doctor. She listened.

And what about when Alan took a blood test for Lyme (which no one ordered in 18 years). And two our of the 5 came back positive and when I questioned this, I have been told 'oh, it means nothing".

Well, it doesn't mean NOTHING to Alan. This man now thinks he has Lyme Disease. He watched a tv special and he has the symptoms. This girl test negative for all five things that are in the test, she then went to Spain, they took 3 vials of blood and guess what ??? She has Lyme Disease. They gave her antibiotics for over one year and now she is symptom free.

Do I think Alan has Lyme? I have no idea because we dont' have any information yet. But you better believe that the next doctor appointment that involves blood tests, Alan is telling his opinion to the doctor and hopefully they can run a better Lyme Test or take 3 vials of blood or do WHATEVER they are supposed to do to make sure Alan does not have Lyme Disease.

He is convinced that he has this. He said "yeah, I know I have autoimmune stuff going on, my theory is that it's the Lyme disease that caused it".

So we are still pursuing this avenue.

Wouldn't it be a *****, if after all we have done, that this man turns out to have a thing that could have been fixed by taking antibiotics??

I'll update.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote