View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 01:14 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Cyclelops:

Get a load of this. I just went back to all of Alan's tests and I have the Lyme Test in Front of me. That day they took blood, and what is in front of me is 5 pages. At the top right of ALL THE PAGES, it says PARTIAL.

So I went to the last page and it said"

PRELIMINARY REPORT.

This test is delayed because reagents are unavailable from the manufacturer. Results are expected by 12-28-06. This test was developed and its performance characteristics determined by Quest Diagnostics. blah blah blah.

So I said to myself. "okay, this is a partial result. I want PAGE 6.

I got on the net, got the phone number of Quest Diagnostics in San Juan Capistrano, CA. and spoke to the Lab Results guy.

I gave him the specimen number on the top of the page. He pulled up Alan's test results and I asked him "how many pages do you have?" and he said "oh I have 6 pages". I asked him "what does page 6 say, because I only have 5 pages and I need to know what it says on Page 6, if it says "yes, this guy definitely has the Lyme Antibodies, or it might say: " In our humble Quest opinion, this guy does not have Lyme,"

Want to know what he just told me???

'I'M NOT ALLOWED TO GIVE YOU ANY TEST RESULTS OVER THE PHONE"

So I said "listen to me, my husband has had neuropathy, arthritis and lord knows what else for 18 years, I never got page 6 of this test results, please at least tell me what the last thing on page 6 says'.

He said "what I will do is fax it to your doctor's office right now". So he did."

The doctor is not there right now. Won't be there until Wednesday.

I again said "You really mean, you can't tell me ANYTHING, anything at all what it says on Page 6, which is what it's my husband's right to know what this test says??"

He said "it's a violation of law for me to tell you anything over the phone".

He wanted to page the doctor and everything. I said 'if you think I'm going to bother the doctor on News Years for a year old test, (that I should have been given the final results on anyway), well, I won't do this. There is no reason to do this and it will only annoy the doctor. I know this.

So on Wednesday, I'll take a short bus ride (or Alan will), and we'll see what Page 6 says.

But after reading what you said, am I to understand that even if Alan was exposed to Lyme and had the antibodies, that it's too late for him to receive antibiotic therapy? Is this what you are saying?? So it actually might be found out that Alan had Lyme all this time, it did the damage, and there is nothing they can do about it? I mean, he was getting IVIG, (we won't know about approval for this year yet).

The whole thing confuses the heck out of me. I was under the impression that if by some magic, page 6 says 'AHA, THIS GUY HAS LYME, HE SHOULD BE ON ANTIBOTIC THERAPY, well, I guess that's not the way the cookie crumbles, is it??

thanks.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote