View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 03:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Oh....one more thing....no doc will ever tell you your PN is due to Lyme.

It is in my history that I had it...but I do not talk much about it to docs, as they will visibly squirm in their chairs, and you may end up losing a doc you like....as I said...unless they find an active case, there is likely nothing much they will do.

The most definitive test is spinal fluid PCR, and I had that and it is negative now....which in the world of mainstream medicine means, I do not have any evidence of the bacteria in my spinal fluid...therefore, I do not have the disease.

If you get into reading Lyme literature, you will read the bacteria has about 30 different states it lives in...several plasmid forms and a cystic or I think better stated as a spore like form.

I have had credible people tell me that there is a lot they do not know about BB. My current doc, shakes his head and says, "We really do not know"...and likely antibiotics won't help much and would likely mess up my intestines more...(which I do not need.)

I admit there are stories of people, who have just about died FROM the antibiotics and I think...no wonder you feel better now! After all the years on antibiotics you would have to feel better being off of them. If you are on antibiotics for two years, you forget what it is like to feel normal. I do not know how people survive that many years on it...I know what a month of it does and it ain't pretty.

Speaking of...not to highjack this thread...but some comments came up regarding Erythromycin for gastroparesis...the dose I take is no where near what you get for an infection....it is a tiny amount, and in me it works as a gastric stimulant. It won't work for every one. I use it as I can't use antidopaminergics such as metoclopromide (reglan) or other ones. Some people with certain kinds of arrhythmias can not take erythromycin (those with prolonged QT syndromes). The dose for gastroparesis is very small and shouldn't interfere much with absorption of nutrients.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote