View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 05:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Mel

Alan is getting IVIG, that helps CIPD.

I have axonal neuropathy....its a different bird.

They have people with Lyme who HAD treatment and still get PN....they can't say what caused the PN.

If Alan had Lyme 15 years ago...about the same time I had mine....1994 was a banner year, ALAN likely had intervening antibiotic therapy since then. I have been on antibiotics for sinus infections, a doozy wasp sting that turned into cellulitis, and for a number of other reasons. While he was sick back then he must have been given antibiotics..I can't picture them tossing him in isolation and not medicating him for just about everything.

I do not think you need to worry yourself or Alan about this. A lot of people are Lyme positive and do not have active disease, and a lot of people who had Lyme with adequate treatment still developed some type of post lyme syndrome. One of eight people waiting for heart transplants test positive for Lyme....again, a lot of people probably had it before any one knew what it was.

I am sure they considered Lyme in his diagnosis....if not, well that is another matter....most neuro's consider Lyme...it is standard.

You can relax and have a good new year's eve. I think Alan is getting good treatment with the IVIG....plus I bet they give him antibiotics for his upcoming foot surgery to boot.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote