View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 10:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Aussie

Thanks for talking ...........

Smoking - I’ve smoked my entire life - (turned 62 this month). I have tracked my smoking for almost 10 years. I log the number of cigarettes each day on a database - also protein (also the HBV protein) and calories.

2006 24.8 daily average - 2007 22.4 daily average (cigarettes)

I could not smoke in the hospital (2 days) so I took advantage of that and started my major cut down. My three week average is now 5.4 a day.

What sort of "post" care are you getting? When will they review you?

None - I had a follow up appt for Friday but we had a hefty snow overnight and I reset it for Feb 4th. There was NO WAY I could have got out of my neighborhood.

Again what sort of stroke or TIA was this?

All the test showed nothing wrong - so it is at this point just like my PN - can’t find a cause.

Was it caused by clot of rupture of vessel?

No one has any idea - what kind it was or the cause

How are you being looked after.

Other than calling one of my step-daughters or them calling me - there is no other “being looked after”.

here are hospitals that will accept someone weather they can pay or not.

They have to try to treat you then they can dump you. I did go to the ER and was admitted - stayed two days and they did all of the testing they felt they should - except some kind of heart ECHO. They all said (including my dau that is a nurse) they don’t expect to find anything with that test - because of the two days of heart monitoring not showing anything.

Contact social services,welfare,the hospital, whomever

I am hoping to get a “discount” at the hospital I went to. Nothing is for sure yet but I have talked to the person that does that. The “discounts” can be anywhere from 20% to 100%. IF I qualified for a large discount - they also have a pharmacy program.

Back in 1998 - after I croaked in July - in Nov I started having panic attacks. I learned my way out of them.

Since this stuff started on Dec 10th ....... I get a very high degree of anxiety. Today was horrible and the anxiety/panic lasted for over 10 hours ............. ugg.

“Some” people - that use insults - grinding - pressure - calling me irresponsible - don’t actually listen - don’t even try to understand that I am doing the best I can (all in the name of being concerned) .......... make things worse for me.

My own nephew (in the name of being concerned) cranked me and cranked me yesterday so bad that I had to get him off the phone. I was upset for hours after that.

I am a heck of a lot more responsible (regarding my health) than many of the people that talk AT me in a condescending fashion.

I went to the PN forum - ask a few questions and got blasted ................

The people that were telling me to call 911 every 5 minutes - were not listening/reading. I was told “you are not showing symptoms - there is nothing we can do” - that was when I went back to the ER 2 days after I got out of the hospital.

As soon as the holidays are over - I will start trying to get more answers - search for more experienced Drs and so on.

I weigh exactly what I did the day I got of active duty from the Air Force (20 years old) 183 pounds (6'2") - my chol is under 200 - not diabetic - don't drink much never have - I have NOTHING wrong that anyone can find - heart or anything else.

I have had a ton of testing.

There are zillions of strokes / TIAs that are NEVER EVER found a cause of - not only to people my age but people in there 30s - 40s.

My real problem right now is - horrible anxiety. Every time I get a little pain - here it comes ....... ugg.

Ron
Ron9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote