Old 12-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Joe, thanks for this!

There is a less active board here on Lymes'
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum91.html
And there are many, many other resources more active about lymes around. Thing is, like many PN's Lymes' is an auto-immune disease that 'mimics' soo many other things! Add to that mix the frustrations that there are maybe 2-3 somewhat reliable tests for it in the world...and their 'accuracy' is NOT guaranteed. Worse yet, add that once diagnosed, treatments aren't a guarantee [I have 3-5 friends with IT!] and often have to be repeated...successfully or not. {GEE SOUND FAMILIAR?}
Joe, I could almost agree that IVIG treatments are sometimes used as a diagnostic tool...but I have found and read insurance company protocols for the essential testing that MUST be done prior to 'trying' IG therapies...IT IS EXTENSIVE...probably to justify the exhorbitant costs of the IG. I had all but the sweat test stuff and the biopsy...I refused that option by one neuro [not on my 'good' list] as he seemed overeager to DO it..in otherwords he wanted the procedure under his 'belt'....When my own insurance company's policies wouldn't cover it unless as a last resort-when other tests are on the 'line' as 'definitive'.
Honestly, where I now live, what activities I USED to do, and all, I am very surprised I do not have Lymes'. I should?
But Joe? How does one living in a city...total curbs...possibly get Lymes? I've lived urban, suburban, and spent heaps of time in the country! There one can get Lymes' but otherwise? I'm having a hard time here connecting dots...
I'll spend time tonite looking up reputable Lymes' references...I do hope my friends will add to this as well..If they aren't asleep?
Hugs to all!!! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote