View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 10:20 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannakat View Post
Mucker- I think in today's world, everything we do is so specialized, that it is very difficult to pick a profession where you are not very hard on your body. any type of repetitive motion is difficult- and since we all work in our own little compartments, everything we do is repetitive.

johanna

Jo, in my surgery, a lot of scalenes were left due to the depth of the muscle. I wonder if it matters. You make me wonder.

As for repetitive jobs, a point people LOVE to make is that for a 100 years, most of our population has worked in repetitive jobs in factories, typists, air plane mechanics and general assembly. Why did we get sick? I think it is a combo of the work, with over work, with a damage to the body. I think of a small micro tear in the muscles or nerves, then we go back the next day, over work, etc. Our condition is rare, but it is not to be ignored, by the lessons that can be taught, to use voice software, change up the work day, and limit work hours. This is the political aspect of TOS and other RSIs that I ponder a lot...

Happy New Year Johanna, and I am sorry that you are not better along than this point, but I actually look forward to hearing you say more positive things in the future, as if anyone can beat this thing, I believe in you. You're one hell of a fighter! Yeah!
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote