View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 01:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Carole,

I don't know if I can help you but I can relay my experiences with peripheral neuropathy and prescriptions. The first is gabapentin; I would throw this in the garbage. It really (as you know) leaves you in a fog and the next morning I'm left with a hangover. The second is the oxcontin; while this really seems to work for pain relief better than any other meds the doctor has tried on me it has side effects one of which is addiction the other is very noticeable reduced sex drive. I can't speak to the other meds but I find that exercise helps me the most. Don't get me wrong the pain is real but if you keep busy it is reduced. The only time that it’s really a problem is when you have to sit down for long periods or you lay down to sleep. If your husband can get himself tired enough from exercising maybe it will help him fall asleep; it helps me. As for sitting at home and watching TV, there is not much he can do except deal with the pain. There is no good answer to get rid of the pain but taking all those meds is most likely not the answer. Try having him read a book by Julian Whittaker (reversing diabetes). Your husband may not have diabetes but the book covers some remedies for neuropathy.

Good luck.
socalindelcopa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote