View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 04:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Jen

I have been in bed for over a week unable to walk due to the sciatica. My leg throbs at night, and keeps me up. It has finally settled down a bit but the back pain is always there to some degree.

I have been in pain for many years and now also have "PN" (widespread nerve pain due to autoimmune problem) and fibromyalgia. It's a day to day battle and still we soldier on. I also work full time.

Xanax heps me with pain,anxiety,panic attacks and also relieves muscle spasms. I don't think my husband would let me take herbs,and I am also very scared too. If I didn't have all the other medical stuff, and I only had the back problem then it would be more viable, but my medical history has gotten quite muddy with mutiple conditions and I have to be careful what I take.

I just really try to limit my pill use because I know too much of a good thing is just not a good thing.

I have had other therapies like chriopracter & ostopath and both hurt me even more. i think manipulation is not good in severe cases like ours.

It's ok for more muscular type problems but once you have problems with bones,joints,nerves,discs,and spine, you have to be very careful who does what to you.

Swimming might help you. Its good exercise for people with back problems??
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote