Thread: Lyme disease
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

When I got Lyme...I lived in the woods...sand country. I have a hunch my dog had the tick on him, and the tick got on me from the dog.

Deer ticks are not the typical wood ticks we picked off by the dozens on a daily basis....

I do not live up there any more, but talk about ticks....it literally dripped wood ticks up there. Of couse we have deer and the white footed mouse. I lived way out in the woods, and of course, we were outside in the summer.

I know rural NY and Connecticut do have a Lyme problem. I am in the midwest and we have it here.

Fortunately for me, I had a rash, unfortunately, the docs thought 20 days of amox would cure me. I never did seroconvert to our 'standards' as the antibiotic therapy interrupted the climbing titer, which was almost at the state cut off line...back then the state lab of hygeine did the tests...apparently they screwed up on a lot of them.

I did have my blood and I believe my spinal fluid sent to Stonybrook and it is negative. I had blood from another lab come back positive. I don't think I have any active infection. If I have an autoimmune process going on...it hides pretty well. I had ONE high ANA....that is it.

I do not think they know what they are doing with Lyme and it seems to have lost the LYMELIGHT so to speak.

I won't deny it could be at least part of my problem, but, at this point, there really isn't a thing they could do. Even if I got past insurance....which is very highly unlikely. I did have IVIG and it did not change my test results which were repeated after it. I had steroids, which I think made matters worse....I dunno.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote