View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 11:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default There may be light...

Hi Jen,

I too, am sorry to hear of your ordeal. I am a firm believer that individuals know their body the best and also what works for them.

I just wanted to pass on a few things that might help with "your" choice of pain treatment.
My sister was diagnosed with a glioblastoma three years ago, she suffered more than I can ever begin to put into words ,with pain. She was put on heavy duty pain medication, that didn't really do a heck of a lot.
She received her treatment at Duke University in North Carolina but lived in South Carolina. The Doctors' at Duke placed her on marijuana, in PILL form. That did the trick! Her pain didn't completely go away, but compared to the usual gambit of meds, it left her clear headed and relatively pain free.
I do know that she had a written note from her physician with her at all times in case she was questioned with regard to her use of the medication.

I am guessing you physician is aware of your alternative way of handling your pain. I don't know what the laws are in your area, however, I would check them out. It's worth a try to fight this one.

As with most medications, even, alternatives, they eventually are excreted through the kidneys' so prolonged use should always be of concern.

*Barb
</IMG>
*Barb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote