View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 12:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink Balance

At the point where opposites cross, there, is equillibrium.

Happy New Year, Waves!!

Hope the mig has lessened and is going away.

Don't know that I'll be getting to do my traditional New Year's recipes, since I haven't seen a ham in the house, nor do I have collards, spinach, or any other sort of greens like those. But we do have pokesalad greens from last spring in the freezer that will probably get cooked up. ^_^ Those are good, but can be an acquired taste. They're a wild plant in the Eastern US, and the recipe is very old, maybe even ancient. While some people grow them as a unique plant for the flower garden, I'd advise against it 'cause they are prolific spreaders (birds love their berries), and once established, are exceedingly difficult to get rid of, since even a scrap of the root will sprout a new plant. But it's also a useful medicinal plant, and makes a pretty bright magenta dye (I'm working on how to make it stay put in the fabric, it doesn't like the sun and fades.)

Hmm...lots of two's and evenly divisible times...could be coincidince, but could also be more...who can tell? It feels like it will be a good year, though. I hope. We could all use a good year.

Hope you're feeling better today.

--RW