Thread: Lyme disease
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I was embroiled in this Lyme controversy for years....and the longer I was involved...the more I realized that either end of the spectrum...was...far out.

Alan likely doesn't have Lyme...however, to say that virtually all disease is caused by stress is nonsense....yes, stress plays a role in many health problems, but so does heredity and infection. It also depends on how you define stress...what, oxidative stress???

Any doc or family member who gets Lyme...gets IV treatment...just ask!!

There are two camps on Lyme...and then my lonely outpost in the middle....on the DMZ. There is the camp that basically says 'There is NO Lyme'...(and this camp is winning the war on this issue) and then the camp that says every ache and pain is Lyme (without offending any one--likely I will---I do not see the purpose of lifelong ongoing IV meds....I think the germ is likely beaten to death and what remains is some autoimmune process that has yet to be defined. I guess I would look at what happened to the folks who had the vaccine, and surmise that.)

I will not give my pets the vaccine....I just test them. My vets take Lyme more seriously than any doc I have ever seen. One of them truly thinks I am suffering due to the Lyme.

I think a lot of people have gotten Lyme over the years, gone undiagnosed and now have sequela....not unlike polio. Can the human immune system survive Lyme? Probably, other animals do. Can it cause a lot of pain?....you betcha. You can quote me on that.

I had a well defined, diagnosed case of Lyme while living in an endemic area, was treated with antibiotics and I have some kind of widespread neuropathy AND myopathy....they may be totally unrelated....then again, like I said...who knows. I am stuck with the 'who knows'.

Unfortunately with true science...it moves really slow...by the time they found anthrax in that post office, people were dead. When the secretary of DHSS said that poor man who died from it got it from a bubbling brook, I almost choked!!

Back in 1986 I was on the TV news regarding the blood supply and HIV....no one wanted to listen...now look. BTW, I mean no disrespect to any one with HIV...or any lifestyle...I looked at it as an organism that spread by bodily fluid contact....just like any other organism that spread by that mode of contact. Like a scientist should look at it. Instead we had PR people involved in that fiasco.

I will not donate my blood, and if some one wants my organs (I am a donor)....they will know I carry a diagnosis of Lyme...they can make up their own mind if it is worth the risk of taking my organs. (If I were them I would take it)

I have been told not to donate my blood due to having had Lyme...OK...so what is with that??? If it isn't contagious anymore....why is my blood 'no good'. Go figure. That said, I am not going to pour in neurotoxic antibiotics, grow resistant strains of germs that could harm others or myself, in some hope that my neuropathy will go away or at least stop.....I would RATHER pretend I was healthy (if only it were so easy-I tried it, it isn't.)

There is NO rhyme or reason regarding Lyme.

I think our public health system is lax....it is not proactive...but it has some huge industries that DO the research and pay our bills....enough said.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote