Thread: Stiff Necks
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 01:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Re-education

i've been suffering with a stiff neck lately as i've had a course of PT to help get me over a surgery 2 months prior. My goal has been to return to my pre-surgery strength and conditioning so that I can undergo the TOS surgery in decent shape in order to minimize the recovery from that. I know that PT strengthening isn't suitable for my TOS but I have such weakness in my upper body from not being able to use it for several years now. I think I am actually making some improvements via PT in stabilizing my neck and core and that this allows me to have better posture. the only thing is that i have to go so very slow to make any progress. The PT I am working with is using a technique called Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Re-education. She said she studied w/Greg Johnson. I haven't had much luck finding info on the web describing it .... maybe Jo55 will step in w/her magic touch.

has anyone else tried this Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Re-education and had luck with stiff necks, headaches, or TOS symptoms?

(oh a little more research found this)
http://books.google.com/books?id=m_E...kLgdxM#PPA2,M1

Last edited by fern; 01-01-2008 at 02:38 PM. Reason: located a website
fern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote