View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 09:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sonia and welcome!
I sure do feel for you with chronic headaches, as I have always had them, even before I was in any car & motorcycle wrecks. My brother was in a car accident a few years back & suffered a cracked pelvis, concussion & other neck & back problems. He says he still often feels as tho he has a concussion. So far, chiropractic has been the most help, although it hasn't eliminated his pain completely. I have had acupuncture with good results but my bro is a li'l freaked by needles so had avoided it. I have a friend whose face sagged from exposure to chemicals & was dead & numb...& acupuncture brought back some feeling and his face hardly sags at all now. It might help you to go to a chiropractor who does Chinese medicine & acupuncture. As for all the trauma you've been thru, I know people with PTSD who have dealt with far less than you & they have good results with a combo of therapy and medication. You've had a huge amount to deal with and stress takes a terrible toll on the psyche and the bod! Finding some ways to de-stress yourself is more than just a good thing to do, it's essential to your sanity & physical health!
I have a GF on Long Island who actually found a shrink to come to her house for therapy because of her terrible agoraphobia...and with therapy & meds she now drives & goes for walks, so consider it for yourself. It may wind up being priceless!
I wish you the very best!!!
Hugs
Critter

CRITTER is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote