View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 11:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for the welcome*)!

Thank you everybody*)!!!

This board is just great- the physical set-up of it- really a neat place.

Hey Alison, locally we had a Lymie whose Lyme manifested as RSD!!! Only one though, her name was Barbara B and she lives up in the Sierras now. Lyme can manifest in many ways- but she got all better. I am the Tick Borne Disease Support Group Facilitator for Santa CRuz County California, the #1 hotspot for Lyme in CA. It can manifest as or trigger different diseases in the body. We have had 4 ALSers, over a dozen MSers and 3 lupus people, too, and hordes of fibro and CFSers. Me, I was a neuro mutt, very Parkie. When I was on the other similar board before I was really sick but I have been symtpom free for years now, but have still not gone off antibiotics. I am breastfeeding my little one still (so ready to wean) and will try to go off once I stop.

Last time I tried to go off abx I started falling over within a week, so in a way I feel like I am living on borrowed time.

On abx I am normal.

Off I begin to get neurologically bad very quickly. I am late neuro Lyme.

But I was able to go back to work full time since being so sick, and able to remarry adn have anotehr child and enjoy life again. A reprieve!!! but I am so grateful because I know what it is like to have my life be gone by my own bodys betrayal-

Nice to meet all of you-
best wishes,
Sarah
aka
californialyme
SarahO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote