Thread: neuropathy
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 12:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Becca, I have been a neuropathy sufferer for about 10 years and I can empathize with you. In spite of my affliction I still walk 3 1/2 To 4 miles daily. I have found that days I fail to walk are the days that I suffer most. My Dr. prescribed neurontin for me about 3 years ago and I have finally found something that allows me to continue my day as normal as can be expected. The only complaints I have about this med is that I have increased from 300 mg to 900 mg in this time period and it makes me very sleepy. I would rather put up with the increased sleepiness than with the constant pain. Most people don't understand how debilitating this disease can be and it makes one very frustrated trying to explain what you are going thru but more and more medical professionals and the general public are finally understanding our plight. As for your husband include him in all your efforts to find a comfortable way to deal with your situation. The more he understands about it the easier it is for him to help with what you're going thru. God bless ya, Larry C.
alamolc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote