View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 01:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Guess I'll weigh in too...

You all have pretty well covered everything I can think of. But I thought of a few things. We started this journey with PN in a small rural town in Texas with one neuro. When he told me he couldn't give me anything else for pain when the medication he had prescribed wasn't working, I went to another neuro. Not much better as far as finding the answer, but he did believe me when I told him I was in pain.

Actually, I just thought I was in pain. As it's gotten worse and other pain causing things have added in, I know I wasn't in nearly as much pain as some of you. It has changed now and I'm looking for answers for the pain.

Kmeb, I've found my greatest asset in getting the most out of a doctor's visit is my husband. Even tho his memory is worse than mine, his being there lends credibility to my problems for some stupid reason. I don't know why I can't be believed on my own, but it is really what happens with some doctors.

The other thing I think is really important, is a list. A list that contains the things that need to be addressed with your doctor in that visit. And then after you make the list, put them in the order of importance. I can guarantee that most of you will only get to discuss the first 2-3. There are exceptions to this of course.

Billye