View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Docs asks me all the time....

about 'depression'. I plainly reply back: Who in their right mind wouldn't be depressed with all this stuff going on? Not to mention the pain? Wanna trade places with me for a few hours? Subject is then totally and completely dropped... If they bring it up 'again' - I also point out all the different meds I am on for 'different' things and tell THEM to look closely at all the common and RARE side effects...then add them up. There are a LOT of them?
BTW folks, I'm weaning off of two of my four key meds...the two really important ones for sure. So IF I get a bit cranky [not too much yet, but anticipating something WILL happen?] please bear with ME?

Aussie, I really identify with all you are going thru...Put a twist on it all tho? You got it done during most of the LAST year's calendar for insurance of qualifying issues [least that's how it works here] Soo, if you were in the US and had a catastrophic deductible...well it'd all be paid for by you IF in January?

Outside of muscle relaxers, which most docs don't ever seem to prescribe anymore...they try and zonk us out w/tranquilizers so's were too woozie to care too much...let alone have the ability to complete short sentences!
I have bunged up my back muscles big time many times since I was a mere teen - Moist-heat heating pad -alternating areas of pain every 15-20 minutes has been the best alternative relief I have found for the long run. Sad but true that- that has been the only salve I've in my arsenal for relief other than back specific exercises. I too have spent 15+ hours in ER's just to get seen, and not really treated...Somehow THAT doesn't seem to happen. Anti-imflammatories just do not cut it!
That all said, it doesn't help your own situation NOW? I truly wish that I was by your side giving you a soft reassuring to help you thru it all. This is the best I can do from here tho. I sure wish it were more. Crying yourself to sleep takes too much energy at times, tho sometimes it helps get the worst out of your system/self. I believe you know what I mean. Hugs and more! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote