View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 06:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Interesting connection

I was just reading something that mentioned some Aspberger's traits and wow- did they seem familiar to what I now live with:

Quote:
.....Loud noises, too much activity around you, talking to you when you are reading or focusing on something will cause you to snap or lash out at people.

....Bipolar meds do help the irritability that comes from sensory overload, which is what he is experiencing. "

....Noise overload is something we suffer from, we don't like LOUD anything, and cant handle too many things coming at us at once, like multiple people talking, tvs blaring, phones ringing...

.....Have a hard time concentrating on what I am saying if there is any background noise.
I looked up Sensory Overload and that explains things to a T for me. I've been retreating for the past five days with very little computer time, no loud tv, no guests, no leaving the house and it's made a world of difference. I don't feel that my head is going to explode, like I did last Thursday.

There were more comparisons of personality traits that seemed very similar with what I'm now living and Aspberger's. I never had those traits before.

I just thought it was interesting and think I'll do more research on it this weekend. It won't change a darned thing- but I find the brain to be so fascinating.

OK, back to work for me. Meh.

~ Groucho Marx

RisibleGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lucy (01-08-2008)